Operations and Maintenance
Our operations and maintenance capabilities span a number of our sectors including oil and gas, chemical, civil, industrial and power. PECL's consultants are very experienced and highly trained specialists with expertise in Turnarounds (TARS) both on land and seas. PECL has all the necessary Project Management resources to plan and execute a successful TAR.
Facilities operations and maintenance encompasses all that broad spectrum of services required to assure the built environment will perform the functions or which a facility was designed and constructed. Operations and maintenance typically includes the day-to-day activities necessary for the building and its systems and equipment to perform their intended function. Operations and maintenance are combined into the common term O&M because a facility cannot operate at peak efficiency without being maintained; therefore the two are discussed as one.
Requirements will vary from a single facility, to a campus, to groups of campuses. As the number, variety, and complexity of facilities increase, the organization performing the O&M should adapt in size and complexity to ensure that mission performance is sustained. In all cases O&M requires a knowledgeable, skilled, and well trained management and technical staff and a well planned maintenance program. The philosophy behind the development of a maintenance program is often predicated on the O&M organization's capabilities.
PECL's goals of a comprehensive maintenance program include the following:
- Reduce capital repairs
- Reduce unscheduled shutdowns and repairs
- Extend equipment life, thereby extending facility life.
- Realize life-cycle cost savings , and
- Provide safe, functional systems and facilities that meet the design intent.
PECL takes the following into consideration for all O&M projects:
- Safety/OSHA regulations and guidelines
- Equipment operational start-up and shutdown procedures
- Normal operating parameters
- Emergency procedures
- Equipment preventative maintenance (PM) plans
- The use of proper tools and materials, to include personal protective equipment (PPE)